Wednesday, January 07, 2009

44. Take 2 classes at the YMCA

I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been doing a Fab Abs class at the Y for a few weeks now. All I can say is that my abs don't look fab and the day after, I feel like I'd been in a car accident. The idea behind it was to make my core stronger and that should help my running. It's also a great way to get me to the Y -Gretchen's even done it with me once. I'll also be doing a Body Pump class with Gretchen starting next week. From what I hear it's basically a big group weight lifting to music. Anything that's different from running is good at this point.


This week, I took the YMCA class/certification on CPR. It was one of the best decisions I've made so far in this young year. The instructor went over techniques for infants, children and adults which is perfect because I live with one of each! I was suprised with how much I enjoyed the class and practicing on the dummies. I left that class and all I could think about was going to a crowded place and waiting for someone to have a heart attack, start choking, or drown. I really think I have the confidence that if someone was in any of those situations, I'd know what to do. I'm so glad that I did it. I even told Gretchen that because of my training, she doesn't need to chew her food if she doesn't want to.

1 comments:

Mom said...

LOL!!!!! You are too funny! Although it might be disappointing to you, I hope you don't have to use your newly attained skills on any of the family members. Hopefully, it will be strangers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails