Thursday, September 11, 2008

89. Go without Fast Food for 1 month

Chili Cheese Burritos from Taco Bell... Italian Night Combo from Jimmy John's... KFC's Famous Mashed Potato bowl... Anything from Arby's. Hot, delicious, convenient food is often my favorite part of the work day. I'm in the car all day and it's a lot easier to pull over and get a hot meal than to pack a lunch or starve for the day. I thought eliminating fast food for a month would be both good for my body and my wallet. It definitely wasn't easy with all of the commercials and giant billboards everywhere. Satan and Wendy's co-release of the Baconator almost put me over the top. Gretchen was great about sending me out with fruit and granola bars every morning - it sure made a big difference. All in all, it was a great practice in self control.
I thought the best way to celebrate this accomplishment was to go one on one with the Baconator. -FYI it costs $4.79!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Way to go! It is nice to see that after completing you goal, you gave in to Satan and got the baconator. Are you ever going to try to do it again?

Mom said...

Was the baconator worth it? Does this mean you're going to eat fast food everyday again, or will you continue with your healthier eating plan? I love you.

Matt Weis said...

I'm done with the Baconator for good. I'll still eat healthy but I'll still treat myself to some delicious Arby's sandwiches once in a while...

Jaci Spain said...

Wow...good for you! I don't know if I could do it for a whole month.

Kristie said...

Love the blog! Great ideas, Matt! Did you really make it 1 whole month? wow! did you feel better about youself while you were doing it??? Kristie

Related Posts with Thumbnails